The global coated fabrics market is forecast to expand at 5.1 % CAGR throughout the forecast period of 2021 to 2031, finds Future Market Insights (FMI). Surging demand for special purpose coated fabrics is a key factor driving the market growth.
Coated fabrics are specialized coated woven or non-woven cloth made from elastomers or polymers, depending upon the intended application. Coating might be applied to surface or saturated into the material’s bulk.
Coating provides fabric with unique sets of properties like resistance to water, mildew, or sunlight. Coated fabrics are used to protect delicate parts during packaging, shipping, and assembly by sewing them in fabric dunnage.
Rising popularity of hiking and camping and incorporation of coated fabrics in daily activities will fuel the demand in the market. Coated fabrics have high commercial potential due to versatility in terms of application and light weight.
Use of coated fabrics in making of commercial tents, automotive driver protection suit, and firefighting gear will promote the coated fabric market growth.
Increasing research and development towards creating low cost and environmentally safe coated fabrics along with elevated investment from market players towards finding superior coating material will accelerate the market growth.
The coated fabrics market experienced a slight decline in growth during COVID-19 pandemic due to implementation of lockdown and closure of manufacturing facilities. The market is however expected to recover with gradual restoration of supply chain activities once the pandemic is contained.
“Rising awareness among the workers regarding situational and environmental hazards during various industrial process will boost the coated fabric application in safety gears. Increasing application of coated fabrics across diverse industries will have a positive impact on the market,” said an analyst at FMI.
- Flourishing Industrial and construction sector coupled with rapid urbanization will fuel the coated fabric market growth in China. Implementation of higher labor safety standards from government agencies will elevate the demand for coated fabric clothing in China.
- Surging demand for protective clothing from construction and manufacturing sector will drive the market growth in the U.S.
- India is anticipated to offer lucrative growth opportunities for coated fabrics market on the back of growing automotive industry and increasing per capita income of middle class population in India.
- Owing to tremendous economic growth and heavy investment in automotive and oil and gas industries, increase in market growth is on cards for Germany. Booming luxury car industry and high demand for custom and comfortable interiors of vehicle will promote the market demand in the nation
- Brazil’s coated fabric market expanded 1.2 times in past five years. This high growth is attributed to developing automotive industry and increased government investment towards developing manufacturing sector. Introduction of government regulations in automobile and its parts in terms of safety will accelerate the market growth in Brazil.
- Rising adoption of protective clothing in dangerous and risky working environment as a part of worker safety protocol is driving the coated fabrics market sales.
- Stringent government policies regarding worker’s safety and protective clothing is further fuelling the market demand.
- Extensive product development in coated fabric clothing and increasing industrialization will magnify the market growth.
- Rising issues regarding the waste management and disposal of waste produced during manufacturing of coated fabrics is restricting the market growth.
- Lack of proper organic substitute for coated fabrics along with increasing governmental pressure towards adoption modern technology hinders the market growth.
- Strict rules and regulations imposed by environment and pollution control agencies regarding production and use of coating in coated fabric due to its hazardous and toxic nature hamper the market demand.
According to FMI, leading players are working towards creating their own space in a highly competitive and niche market.
Another area of focus among all market players is strengthening their value chain by partnering with regional and global distributors.
They are looking forward towards product range expansion to solidify their market foothold and gain a competitive advantage.
- Archroma is a leading market player in color and specialty chemicals and sustainable solutions. The firm launched a water–based ultra-low VOC polyurethane (PU) polymer coating technology based product named “Lurapret N5396 & N5392 liquid” at the recent ITMA exhibition.
- Bayer Material Science announced the launching of a novel turnkey solution for the latest generation of polyurethane (PU) coated fabrics called “INSQIN”. The introduction opens up new door of growth in footwear and apparel segment. Bayer offers brand owners a concise package of pure waterborne PU technology, material co-development deal and a certified manufacturer partner program for PU coated fabrics.
Leading players profiled by FMI operating in coated fabrics market include:
- Saint Gobain S.A
- Bayer AG
- PPG Industries
- 3M Company
- Valspar Corporation
- BASF SE Paints
- Nippon Paints
To remain ‘ahead’ of your competitors, request for a sample>>> https://www.futuremarketinsights.com/reports/sample/rep-gb-288
More Insights on FMI’s Coated Fabrics Market
The latest market study on global coated fabrics market by Future Market Insights gives a detailed segmentation for the forecast period of 2021-2031. In order to gain a better perspective of the global market potential, its growth, trends, and opportunities, the market is segmented on the basis of
- Commercial Tents
- Protective Clothing
- Polymer Coated
- Rubber Coated
- North America
- Latin America
- Eastern Europe
- Western Europe
- Middle East & Africa (MEA)
- Asia Pacific (Excluding Japan)